March 25, 2010

Unicorn Banshee Conversion Kit arrived!

So my Banshee conversion kit came in the mail today!



I ordered it from Tatsu Hobby, along with some other items - a clear base, and some SAGE Sinanju Decals and SAGE screws.

Firstly, a review of Tatsu Hobby - I ordered this on a Friday, so I was expecting to not receive it for some time. But after I had seen that my order was still "Processing" on Wednesday (yesterday), I emailed support. I got a reply within an hour saying that they were waiting for the shipment of Banshee conversion kits to come that day, and my kit would be in the mail. Last night I got a shipping notice, and I got it today! What great customer service - they even shipped it priority for me free of charge. I give them 5 out of 5 stars, easily.


Here are some pics of my Neograde Banshee conversion kit. It was smaller than I expected it to be! I put the Tamiya paint in there for reference.

A few things to note:

- This is my first resin kit
- There is minor "bubbling" on this kit
- I have to remove some mold binders - I was not aware I had to do this on resin kits, but now I do.
- I really only bought this kit for the head. I am not too excited about the gatling guns, honestly. They seem a bit ostentatious to me.






^^ You can see some of the parts I have to cut off. Frankly I'm scared because I've never worked with resin haha.


^^You can see the resin holes created by bubbles in the casting process. I'll probably have to go to the store and get some stuff to fill it in... lame.

1 comment:

  1. dude, i love it i love it. only problem i have with it is that it's resin, and those holes and fragileness of that stuff is exactly why I'm afraid of it. but if you can make it look cool, i say "DO IT!" Also, do all resin kits have holes in them like that?

    ReplyDelete