December 30, 2011

Finished: 1/100 AGX-041 Gerbera Tetra



So after months of learning and fun and some stressing out, I have finished this bad boy for the end of my 2011.  I learned lots of techniques for weathering on this, and while it's not as 'realistic' in some areas as I would have liked, the overall feeling of this model is what I was wishing to achieve.  I appreciate everyone's feedback on this kit, the comments are always worthwhile.  This kit was a ton of fun to build and was a design I feel in love with when I first dove into the hobby. 

I have a diorama planned for this guy, but I won't be starting it for awhile.  I'm sort of burnt out on this particular style of weathering for the moment (as you can understand haha).  I'll be starting that one after a few kits.

Onto the pics! 











Some close ups:













Comments are ALWAYS appreciated and welcomed!  Feedback is helpful too!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Major, I couldnt see this posted on the mac forums! I wanted to stop by and say how amazing the final finish is. I love the weathering, its probably the best I have seen. Thanks so much for the tutorial as well its very informative.

    Keep up the good work bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Major, you build your models extremely well, and you definitely know your techniques/tools. Kudos to you ! I really enjoy reading your blog, and being a beginner model building enthusiast, it really joys me to finally stumble upon your blog. You, sir, are Yoda in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome to hear. I appreciate your enthusiasm! I always love to see new people and new ideas come out in the small gundam world :)

      Delete
  3. Very nice weathering Major! Hoping to see more of your great works!

    ReplyDelete