March 28, 2010
So I finished my MG Sinanju! Took ~6 weeks, and it's my second serious model build since I started back up!
List of paints used (mostly spray cans):
Tamiya Spray cans:
- TS-49 Bright Red
- TS-38 Gun Metal
- TS-48 Gunship Grey
- AS-27 Gunship Gray 2
- TS-13 Clear
- X-12 Gold Leaf
Model Master Enamel Paint: 1947 FS17038 Gloss Black Spray Can
Model Master Metalizer Lacquer: 1451 Aluminum Paint Spray Can
- Gold details. This was rough though, and took some re-painting
- Some Aluminum detailing on the gun
- No one properly introduced me to sanding the nubs off the gateways, so I have some rough edges from only using the exacto knife
- Spray paints can pool
- Sticker decals suck balls
- Hand painting is rough work unless you have surgeon's hands
Putting Tamiya's clear coat over made the paint melt over the decals. Lame.
- The body parts fit REALLY tightly together. Do not recommend painting the body, otherwise, strip the paint from the actual joint parts.
Overall, it was a fun build, made some noob mistakes, but the end result is very presentable I feel. Going forward, I'm hoping to make top notch models from here on out.