July 6, 2010

Completed: Jaguar II Zwei



So I finally finished my first resin kit. I made a ton of mistakes, but in the end was worth it. I went into it knowing I was going to make mistakes, so it was primarily to learn and make my next model a little better. I experimented with magnets as well (the shoulders are magnetized as opposed to glued)

I dry brushed at the end with black, rust and yellow, but as you can tell in the pics, I went a bit crazy with yellow on the left arm :P

I know I could have touched up a few things, but I don't really want to re-paint, I am too excited to start my next kit! This one was a mere stepping stone haha.










Dry brushed this stuff on.



The casting quality of this kit was pretty poor, so it was hard to work with, and because the parts were so small, clean-up was hard to do as well. But overall, it was a fantastic experience and I feel the model is at least somewhat presentable!

As always, C&C are welcome!

Update: I'm going to add some decals to it, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Man, that came out really good! Where did you take the photo to get such a white background? I can tell it's slightly out of focus but on top of your coke mirror, the mech looks really really clean against the clean white. I'm diggin' the orange band, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just slung a sheet out and used two light sources to light up the model. Always a recipe for success :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty good, thou i feel in some places it could have used a bit more sanding. Looking forward to your next kit :)

    ReplyDelete